- Book: Lying
Intetionally misleading others when they expect honest communication.
The intent to communicate honestly is a measure of truthfulness
Lying can be by commission or omission.
By holding secrets, one is often forced to lie.
- Hence this acts as a burden
- One way to be honest when keeping secrets is to reveal that we cannot reveal.
- Ex: “Even if I knew I will not tell you, I’d rather not say etc”
Lying in extreme cases such as self-defense or in defense of another makes sense
- This is because we prioritize human life over damage by lying.
- Even then, one can reveal that we cannot reveal.
- Book: Lying,