- Book: The Ostritch Factor
The ecological principles are the principles that underlie nature
They state that everything is connected to everything else
Thus we can never do merely one thing
There will always be other effects (Often called side-effects)
Ex: Radioactive waste is to be stored for thousands of years.
- Anything could happen in that time.
- An example of an unfavorable asymmetry
Example from Mean Genes:
- Giving the nomadic !Kung people borewells caused them to stop searching for water and settle down
- This caused them to extinguish the local flora and fauna for their needs
- This also caused waste to accumulate in the same area causing disease