- Book: Better Presentations Book: Refactoring UI
A feature of visual perception that allows us to distinguish between light of different wavelengths
Different colours can contrast allowing us to highlight different elements
Different colours raise different emotions in people
- For example, Blue might indicate safety and familiarity
- Gold might indicate sophistication and expense/class
- Pink is fun and non-serious
Accessibility: Since a large percentage of users are color blind to some degree, it’s important not to rely solely on color for information
- Use color to support what the design is already saying.
Colors can also encode depth.
- Lighter colors feel closer to us while darker ones feel farther