Native social institutions were often greatly multi-dimensional and multi-purpose.
- They served a variety of social purposes
- Ex: Animal fighting in many cultures
This is in opposition to paperwork shuffling institutions today which are extremely one-dimensional
The fundamental basis on which leftist ideology is built it the power of human imagination
- That it’s possible to re-imagine and rebuild our societies, institutions etc
The basis on which rightist ideology is built is the use of force.
- That the human spirit has less noble elements which require the use of force to suppress and thus create our preferred societies
A lot of social welfare innovations such as state supported healthcare etc where initially created bottom up by groups and unions.
- It was taken over and re-implemented top-down by the state (Initially by Bismarck)
- Bismark in his writings stated that it was a conciliatory bribe to keep people away from leftist ideology (His writings) after banning leftist parties.
Star Trek, the space faring vision of the US is a lot more soviet-style communist than Democratic.
- There are no references to people’s political opinion and everything is governed top down (military style)
- It’s only later they added grumblings about bureaucracy and references to distant elections (Higher up)
The US senate is in many ways an aristocracy since more than 2/3rd of US senators are millionaires.
- Aristocracy means “rule of the best”
Bureaucratic societies stand in stark contrast to heroic societies.
- Heroic societies optimize for telling great stories.
- Bureaucratic societies primarily optimize for impartiality.
Bureaucratic societies are ancient, rising very early in recorded history.