- Product Management
Product manageer‘s role: Develop MVP with least complexity in shortest time
Project management (Think Scrum) is different from product management
When working in a new domain, a good heuristic is that 80% of skills are transferrable across domains (Especially Multi-use skills)
- Focus fully on gaining context when starting in a new domain
Micro-management leads to lack of ownership.
Net promoter score (NPS) is often a simple, powerful metric for how well people like your product.
Best way to get information (i.e. Signal from noise)
- Hang out with smart people
- Keep your door open. i.e. Seem inviting to other people.
- Pay attention to dialog in meetings and conversations.
There might be a struggle between building the right product vs building the product right.
Keep a reference customer to try out early stuff.
- The stuff should be the same as the target marketplace
- Launch only when they’re happy
- Early reviews provide direction and are crucial.
Collect metrics on everything. Invest in tools to analyze them.
- Product Management,